Thursday, October 1, 2015

Month 9 of competition

The ninth month of competition is in the books.  It set some records and made me realize that even with fun burnout can happen.

To begin...I did not win. 

It was a bummer to say the least.  I wanted to win September, not just because it is my birthday month, but also because I wanted to win back to back months.  I know where my problem happened.  I got burned out.  I started out really good with my morning walking, and then slacked off.  I did a few evenings of yard work, and then none for a week.  I really truly and honestly wanted to win September, but my physical motivation didn't match my mind set.  I was tired.

I needed a vacation.

We took a vacation.

My birthday weekend was the most fun I've had in a very long time!  My best friend (yup.. the one I'm in competition with) and I went to southern California to bask in the sun on the beach.  A total girl's road trip (without the dead body and driving off a cliff part).  I will be posting about our adventures in #shenanigans and #sodaselfies in the next few days, so stay tuned.

The records set for September: 
  • Total miles: 103.38
  • number of steps in one day (according to my FitBit): 42,834
  • number of floors climbed in one day (according to my FitBit): 68
  • PERFECT water month 
September (goal of 60 miles):
Miles walked: 55.88
Minutes exercised: 1200 = 40 miles
Water intake 30/30 days = 7.5 miles
TOTAL: 103.38 miles

The original plan was to drop our mileage goal back down to 40 beginning in October.  When we set this plan up last December, we honestly didn't think 60 miles was achievable with any left over days in the month.  With the temperature getting cooler, we also figured that there would be less yard work to do.  We have since realized we underestimated ourselves.  So while lounging on the beach we made a modification; we would still reduce October's goal, but only by 10 miles down to 50 miles. 
 
So with our new plan in place we are both off and running/walking. 
 
Oh.. and if you're wondering about what we have planned for 2016?  No worries, we aren't stopping, just adding a few extras.  After all, we have to mix it up a little and keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment